What says Christmas more than cranberries and spices? Well, ok, there might be some other rather Christmassy things. But these muffins are a great treat during the festive season. And very healthy too!
Speaking of Christmas, have you already found my advent calendar? You can find it by clicking the image in the sidebar at the right hand side. You can find a nice little something there every day! :)
All Healthy Ingredients
Practically all ingredients of these delicious muffins are healthy. Cranberries contain lots of vitamins and other nutrients, oats are a great source of fiber and minerals and cinnamon is known for lots of health benefits. And then there is of course the summer honey from Erica’s bees! This absolutely delicious honey is full of taste, ánd full of good stuff for your body. To make it sound even more perfect, studies have shown that using a combination of both honey and cinnamon enhances their respective health benefits even more!
In case all that talk about the health benefits got you a bit scared, don’t worry, these muffins are first and foremost just absolutely delicious. You will not be eating them “because they are healthy”. I can promise you that you will be eating them because they taste so very good!
Honey and Cranberry Muffins (makes 6 muffins)
What you will need:
- 100 grams of rolled oats
- 100 grams of wholegrain flour
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- About 160 ml of your favourite milk (add some more if needed)
- Two small handfuls of fresh cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 175° C (convection).
- Mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add honey and milk. Stir to form a soft batter. If it seems a bit dry, add some more milk.
- Rinse the cranberries and fold them into the batter.
- Divide evenly over the muffin tins. (see note)
- Bake for about 25 minutes. When you prick in a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool on a rack.
- Eat warm or cold. They will keep for at least three days. I have yet to test if longer would be okay as well, but they are just so delicious, it somehow makes them disappear in an instant!
Note: I prefer to not use paper cups as the muffins tend to stick to that very tightly. Just a lightly greased muffin tin works perfect.
I hope you will enjoy these delicious treats!