What do you eat when you feel a bit down? What dish makes you feel comforted and warmed and lets you know that everything is going to be ok? For me that has to be something from the Italian cuisine, like pasta or pizza. This pasta is creamy and rich, but still rather healthy. And it is very easy and quick to make!
Sometimes you need food to give you some comfort. Whether you had to walk home through the rain, are feeling a bit under the weather, or if a lot is going on in your life, good food can help you feel better. I don’t mean you should grab a roll of cookies or dive into the pot of nutella. What I mean is a nice meal of real food, that is easy to eat (and make) and is actually good for your body as well.
So, that is when this pasta comes in. I like to use wholegrain pasta, to add some fibres to the dish, and a light and natural cheese spread to make it delicious and creamy. By using readily chopped tomatoes as basis of the sauce, you are actually getting quite some vitamins in as well.
Note: do try to buy chopped tomatoes in a glass jar if you can, though, they tend to contain less harmful chemicals than canned ones. But if you can’t find those, canned ones will do as well.
Creamy Tomato Pasta (Easiest Pasta Ever) (serves 1)
What you will need:
- 1 portion of wholegrain pasta, preferably penne
- ½ jar (or can) of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of cheese spread
- A pinch of salt
- Some pepper
- ½ teaspoon of basil
- ¼ teaspoon of rosemary
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, start making the sauce.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoe juices are starting to bubble, add the cheese spread and stir well. Break up large clumps of cheese with your spoon.
- Add salt, pepper, rosemary and basil to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the sauce.
- Stir everything together and transfer to a plate or bowl.
I hope this pasta will give you some comfort in times of need!